Opportunity for Organizations to Join America Saves Week and Promote the Importance of Saving
October 24, 2012
By Katie Bryan, America Saves Communications Manager
America Saves Week, February 25 - March 2, 2013, is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status.
Through organizations like you, millions of individuals will learn the importance of saving. We need your help to encourage more Americans to build wealth, not debt. Show your commitment to help others save by joining America Saves Week today. By joining America Saves Week you will be listed as a participating organization and will receive news and updates on America Saves Week 2013.
Ready to Help Others Save?
How to Participate
From promoting the benefits of savings to employees - to offering incentives for people to open or add money to savings accounts - to holding workshops and developing new partnerships - there are so many ways to help people take financial action during the Week.
Learn more about what your organization can do during the Week at the links below.
- Educators and Youth Organizations
- Financial Institutions
- Non-Profits and Governments
Did You Know?
- Fewer than 50% of Americans say they have a savings plan with specific goals.
- Only 66% of Americans spend less than their income and save the difference.
- Only 66% of America have sufficient emergency funds for unexpected expenses like car repairs or a doctor’s visit.
Questions about the Week?
Communications Manager, America Saves
- Written by Super User
- Category: Blog
- Published: 23 October 2012