Still Time for Organizations to Sign Up for America Saves Week 2015
There are just 18 days left until the start of America Saves Week. If your organization hasn't already signed up to participate, there is still time. The week is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status.
Over 800 organizations, from academic institutions and nonprofits to government agencies and financial institutions, have signed up to participate this year. See who’s already participating.
Ways for Organizations to Participate
- Download the Digital and Social Media Kit. The kit includes sample content to promote savings through social media, emails, blogs, newsletters, & other outlets.
- Download Posters, Flyers, and Payroll Stuffers. Thanks to feedback from America Saves Week 2014 participants, we have made significant upgrades to our materials. Check out the brand new (and co-brandable) flyers, posters, event announcements, and more.
- Download Logos, Web Buttons, and Banners. Use these logos and web graphics on your website and in print materials.
- Encourage Individuals to Take the America Saves Pledge. Encourage others to take the America Saves Pledge where they can make a commitment to themselves to save for an identified goal.
- Host an Event. Presentations and other group activities are great ways to teach employees, customers, members, constituents, and others about saving money, reducing debt, and forming good financial habits that will last a life time.
- Work with the Media. Local or national media can help spread your message and reach thousands of people.
Ways for Individuals to Participate
- Enter the #imsavingfor Contest. Take part in the 2015 #imsavingfor Photo Contest. Share a selfie that shows what you’re saving for on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and enter the contest at http://americasavesweek.org/imsavingfor for a chance to win $500. Savings never looked so good.
- Share Tips with Friends and Family. We’ve created social media posts you can use to spread the word about America Saves Week and the importance of saving money.
- Make Your Savings Social. Join one of the five – yes, five! – Twitter chats that America Saves will be a part of this week to get real-time savings tips and advice.
- Assess Your Savings. Like your health, you should assess your savings annually to make sure you’re savings priorities are on the right track. Complete this simple 12 question assessment to find out your current standing and help you plan for the future.
Use #ASW2015 to chat with others about America Saves Week and join the savings conversation.
- Written by Katie Bryan
- Category: Blog
- Published: 05 February 2015