The #FridayFive: Back to Basics
Each week, the #FridayFive brings you the top five tweets highlighting important or trending topics from the Twitterverse. @AmericaSaves wants to be sure that you're getting the week’s top tweets on personal finance, savings, and financial news.
What an incredibly successful #ASW2015 we had! We were excited to see not only a positive response from our friends and partners in saving, but from the savers themselves. This week, we were excited to see that the basics of savings, budgeting, and establishing priorities was at the forefront of conversation.
ICYMI, this week’s #FridayFive are:
1. Identifying the basic do's and don'ts can be the best place to start a journey to financial wellness. They help us to see our financial picture for what it is - and identifying areas we might have completely overlooked.
2. Setting a goal is the most important first step in taking financial action.
A1: Setting goals is the first step towards self-improvement. In order to be better, you have to define what better is! #payoffchat— Leslie H. Tayne, Esq (@LeslieHTayneEsq) March 10, 2015
3. When it comes to your FICO score, do you know the numbers? We shared an interesting and helpful infographic this week to help you get the scoop on what goes into your credit score(s).
4. Debt repayment is a goal deserving of a plan that not only focuses on reducing debt quickly, but also builds savings to keep that debt from building up again.
CREDIT MISTAKE: Thinking minimum payments on credit cards will reduce your debt #creditchat— Mike Delgado (@mikedelgado) March 11, 2015
5. There's about a month left until Tax Day! It doesn't have to be arduous, and it doesn't have to be expensive. Check out this savvy guide to avoiding costly mistakes, and seeking out the best - and cheapest - option for you.
Thanks for joining us for this week’s #FridayFive! We’ll see you here next week.
- Written by Tammy G. Bruzon
- Category: Blog
- Published: 13 March 2015