Press Release: Only Half of Americans Have Good Savings Habits
Washington, D.C. – The sixth annual national survey assessing household saving, released today as part of America Saves Week, revealed that only about half of Americans reported good savings habits.
- 54% said they “have a savings plan with specific goals.”
- 43% said they “have a spending plan that allows you to save enough money to achieve the goals of your saving plan.”
- 50% of those not retired said they “save for retirement at work through a 401(k) or other contributory plan.”
- 41% said that, “outside of work,” they “save automatically through regular preauthorized transfers from checking to savings or investments.”
- 49% know their net worth.
- Written by Super User
- Category: Blog
- Published: 25 February 2013