New Savings Theme: Retirement
September 17, 2013
By Annie Cromwell, America Saves Communications Associate
The latest resource packet on retirement is now available to help you communicate with the public, your audience, and with other organizations on the importance of saving for retirement. The packet includes a sample article, social media content for the next five weeks, as well as tools and resources.
No matter how old you are, saving for retirement should be a top priority. While knowing how much you will need to live a comfortable retirement and saving to reach that goal is the key, here are some quick tips for saving for retirement during each stage of life.
Saving In Your 20’s
- Save at Your Workplace – Starting early is one of the best ways to save for retirement. Take advantage of any workplace retirement plans you can and make sure to contribute enough to receive matching contributions. This is one of the few places you will get a 100% return on your “matched” investment. Don’t have a workplace savings account? Consider opening an IRA.
Our goal at America Saves is to promote the importance of savings and encourage individuals and families to take financial action. To help the people you serve save more successfully and to promote the importance of savings at a national level, we have put together this resource packet with you in mind.
More Articles from America Saves:
- Setting Your Financial Goals
- 6 Money Rules You Can Break
- 401k Retirement Distributions
- Jump-Starting a Financial Makeover
- Written by Katie Bryan
- Category: Blog
- Published: 16 September 2013