America Saves Week, February 24– March 1, is an annual event coordinated by America Saves and the American Savings Education Council. Started in 2007, the Week is an opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for organizations to promote the opportunities they provide by using the resources we offer. Typically, over 1,000 organizations sign up to participate in the Week reaching millions of people.
Here are 4 easy things you can do between now and America Saves Week
1. Sign-up to participate in the Week
2. Include a blurb about the Week in your newsletter or blog and send an email to individuals or partners announcing the Week
3. Post information about the Week on your website and include one of our logos or banners
4. Tweet and post these social media messages to Facebook and Twitter
Why get involved? You can help Americans save for a better future!
The 2013 Annual National Survey Assessing Household Savings (released during America Saves Week) revealed that only about half of Americans reported good savings habits.
· 54% said they “have a savings plan with specific goals.”
· 43% said they “have a spending plan that allows you to save enough money to achieve the goals of your saving plan.”
· 50% of those not retired said they “save for retirement at work through a 401(k) or other contributory plan.”
· 41% said that, “outside of work,” they “save automatically through regular preauthorized transfers from checking to savings or investments.”
· 49% know their net worth.
The results of the 2014 survey will be released on February 24th, 2014 to mark the start of America Saves Week 2014!