What is The Status of Your Savings?
Just like your car needs a tune-up, just like you need your annual physical, your checkbook needs a checkup too. When was the last time you assessed your savings progress? Like, your health, you should assess your savings annually to make sure you’re saving adequately and for all the right things.
In anticipation of America Saves Week 2014, America Saves has launched a new Assess Your Savings Plan Tool as an annual opportunity for individuals to review their current savings strategies and find new ways to save.
With topics ranging from automatic savings and credit card debt, to retirement planning and home equity, the Assess Your Savings tool is able to, in 11 short questions, determine what good savings habits you already possess, and what you can do differently to continue to improve your savings habits.
In addition to the new assessment tool, individuals can test their savings knowledge, read savings stories, and share their savings goal with friends and family during the week, and year round, at AmericaSavesWeek.org. Individuals can also set a saving goal and make a saving plan by taking the America Saves Pledge.
America Saves Week is a chance for organizations to promote good savings behavior and for individuals to assess their own saving status. The new tool allows individuals to quickly review their savings situation by answering a simple series of yes/no questions and presents them with the next steps to save successfully.
Still want to get yourself and your organization involved in The Week?
- First, you can sign your organization up here, and read up on the 4 Ways Organizations Can Participate in America Saves Week.
- Next, make sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up-to-date with all things America Saves Week-related.
- Last but not least, join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook! We created the America Saves Week Digital Kit (available for download in Word format or PDF) packed with information, resources and sample social media to help you, your employees, and your family and friends better understand and relay the message of the importance of saving. Don't forget to use the hashtag #ASW2014!
- Written by Administrator2
- Category: Blog
- Published: 17 February 2014