Jump$tart Financial Fridays
Each week, one Jump$tart national partner is featured in their Financial Fridays e-newsletter. America Saves had the pleasure of being featured last week.
The Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy is a 501-c-3 tax-exempt non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. As a coalition, it is an organization of organizations that share a commitment to advancing financial literacy among pre-school through college-age youth and working collaboratively toward effective financial education.
Today, the Jump$tart Coalition includes about 150 national partner organizations from the business, financial, non-profit, association, academic, government, and other sectors. The coalition also consists of a network of 49 affiliated state coalitions and their local partners. The grassroots coalitions are independently governed and operated, and linked to the national coalition through an affiliation agreement which fosters cooperation and support.
Presently, key initiatives include:
- The Jump$tart Teacher Training Alliance and Jump$tart National Educator Conference, designed to support and appreciate teachers of personal finance
- The Jump$tart Clearinghouse and National Standards in K-12 Personal Finance Education, offering educators and others access to quality resources, while promoting effectiveness in education
- Supporting the use of personal finance content to meet Common Core State Standards
- Raising awareness about the importance of financial literacy and the need for financial education through Financial Literacy Day on Capitol Hill and other financial literacy month activities each April
- Ongoing communication initiatives such as the Update, Financial Fridays, and State ¢ents newsletters, National Jump$tart Facebook Page, and their Twitter account @NatlJumpStart
To learn more visit www.jumpstart.org
- Written by Katie Bryan
- Category: Blog
- Published: 10 June 2014