Do you follow @AmericaSaves on Twitter? If not, you may have missed out on some great articles or blog posts from the past week related to personal finance, savings, or news from America Saves and its campaigns. ICYMI, we share with you each Friday the top five pieces that highlight important topics for savers and partners alike.
This week’s #FridayFive are:
1. This week on the blog we looked to America Savers to share their savings stories. Folks from all over the country are finding the savings tools and methods that work best for them to save for things like retirement and emergencies. Check out the link for more on how friends, family, and colleagues are making goal-based savings happen!
2. During this week's #WBChat, America Saves joined in the discussion about ways to save when it comes to your four-legged family members (& the occasional fish or bird, too!). WiseBread, MyMoneyCoach.ca, and others had many helpful tips and advice about ways to keep pet maintenance costs down. Do you have an emergency savings built up for yourself? Why not establish one for Fido, too? Savings now makes emergency costs manageable later - and that goes for humans and pets, alike!
3. We know it isn't tax season, but it's important to know the facts when you're making decisions that could impact your finances later on. This quick tip from TurboTax provides some helpful clues about what comes next when savings bonds are cashed.
4. The impact of celebrity endorsement has never been so good for financial education. As financial literacy continues to move to the top of many economic, social, and political agendas, let us hope that Jay and Bey continue to shine their spotlights on the programs that empower individuals and families to take positive steps towards financial action.
5. The Great Recession has taught millenials a great many lessons about employment, the value of a college education, and retirement in a short amount of time. As a result, millenials have become savvy savers & brilliant budgeters.
Thanks for joining us for this week’s #FridayFive! We’ll see you here next week.