The #FridayFive: Banking, Balances, and Budgets
If you aren't on the @AmericaSaves Twitter bandwagon, it’s possible that you missed out on some great tweets this week! ICYMI, we want to share with you the top five pieces that highlight important topics for savers and partners alike.
Whether they’re articles or blog posts from America Saves, its local campaigns, or its partners, we’re sharing with you the best of this week’s personal finance, savings, and financial news.This week’s #FridayFive are:
1. Knowing your account balances and tracking your spending are two integral pillars to maintaining a happy budget - we know this to be true. But did you know that you bank's mobile app can speed up that process for you? This article helps you navigate the hows and whys of mobile banking and shares some great advice about banking app security.
2. America Saves was excited to highlight the 1:1 Fund this week as they talked about the rising popularity - and importance! - of Children's Savings Accouns (CSAs). As College Savings Month continues, it's a great reminder that goal-based savings can start early and truly pay off in the long-run.
3. According to a recent BankRate.com survey, 26% of those ages 50 to 65 have nothing saved for retirement - but that doesn't mean you can't start your savings later in the game! This great share provides a strategy for ramping up savings later in life and highlights important steps that even the youngest savers can take to the bank.
I get this question often...here's how to get your retirement savings going when you have nothing saved at all: http://t.co/fhRA1SttKs— Jean Chatzky (@JeanChatzky) September 2, 2014
4. What would a week in the Twitterverse be if we didn't seek out and discuss the best, and perhaps craziest, ways to help us keep to those budgets we've worked so hard to build? Now I must admit that there are a couple of these that made me exclaim, "Oh no, you must be crazy!" That being said, there are some great tips about freebies (I'm the type of person swag is made for!), savings that teeters the line of being green (gasp!), and no-brainers that you can take advantage of right away.
5. Earlier this week, Vox shared a serious series of charts that look in depth at the financial lives of Americans. Earning and spending, saving and debt, find out where you fit in the pie or whether you top the charts.
Thanks for joining us for this week’s #FridayFive! We’ll see you here next week.
- Written by Tammy G. Bruzon
- Category: Blog
- Published: 05 September 2014