Each week, the #FridayFive brings you the top five tweets that highlight important or trending topics from the Twitterverse. While we hope that you're on the @AmericaSaves Twitter bandwagon, we want to be sure that you're getting the best and latest from this week's personal finance, savings, and financial news.
We're less than a week away from Thanksgiving, which means Twitter has been a-flutter with all things turkey, shopping, eating, and spending. This week, we wanted to highlight some of the most intriguing takes on Thanksgiving .
ICYMI, the #FridayFive are:
1. What a difference a decade (or two) makes! In this handy graphic, NerdWallet shows you the typical Turkey Day schedule, circa 1994, versus the anticipated schedule for next week. What does your Thanksgiving schedule look like? Will you shop on Thursday, or will you hold out for #BlackFriday?
2. Gobble Gobble! Here are nine ways to make the most out of your Thanksgiving shopping and spending. From simplified meals to curbing on cookware, or from researching the best deals on your bird to doing some DIY, there are great ways to keep your Turkey Day festive without busting your budget.
3. MONEY to the rescue! Don't let the rumor mill get in the way of your turkey research this weekend. Rest assured, there are plenty of turkeys for all of us turkeys.
4. Citizens Bank shared a few quick tips that will aide your wallet & make sure your belly is still full of all those Thanksgiving day treats.
5. If you're driving to your Thanksgiving event this holiday, you might be pleased to hear that gas prices are the lowest they've been in five years! FIVE YEARS. Whew! Holiday travel can still be pricey, but it seems gas won't be quite the burden it's been in past years.
Thanks for joining us for this week’s #FridayFive! We'll be away for the holiday next Friday, but we'll see you here in December!