Each week, the #FridayFive brings you the top five tweets highlighting important or trending topics from the Twitterverse. @AmericaSaves wants to be sure that you're getting the week’s top tweets on personal finance, savings, and financial news.
Happy New Year, one and all! We’re glad to be back in action here on the America Saves blog sharing highlights from our first full week of 2015. This week's tweets focused on New Year’s resolutions, the holiday spending aftermath, tax season, and more.
ICYMI, this week’s #FridayFive are:
1. New Year = New Start? Try out some of the greatest hits from 2014. You won't be surprised to know that these top blogs had the most hits, the most reads, and some of the greatest tips from America Saves & its guest bloggers.
2. So this is the New Year! What resolutions have you set up for yourself. We heard it over and over this week: make your goals accessible, realistic, and habit-forming. Here a a couple quick tips for making your resolutions stick!
A6: Focus on habit-developing goals. Once you do it enough, it just becomes a part of your life! #wbchat— Leslie H. Tayne, Esq (@LeslieHTayneEsq) January 8, 2015
A8: Number one tip for achieving new year's resolutions? Keep resolutions simple and do-able. Set yourself up to succeed. #wbchat— Dr. Barbara O'Neill (@moneytalk1) January 8, 2015
A6: Gotta go with A-U-T-O-M-A-T-E again! #wbchat— FamZoo.com (@FamZoo) January 8, 2015
3. What’s keeping you motivated to stick to your New Year’s resolutions? Better yet, what’s keeping you motivated to stick to your goals?
A5: Motivation: watching the balances grow in savings and decrease debt #CKchat— Kate Mielitz, AFC(R) (@KateMielitz) January 6, 2015
4. Sign up (& use up) new credit cards over the holiday season? Now's the time to set your goal to repay your debt and build a plan to get there. But what do you do with a new card that's all paid up?
5. Just because the holidays have come to an end doesn't mean you can let your guard down when it comes to identity theft and scams. 2015 is really here, which means tax season - and tax season scams - are fast approaching.
Thanks for joining us for this week’s #FridayFive! We’ll see you here next week.