Your Weekly Motivation to Save More
I often hear that the hardest part about saving is getting started. That’s why we are going to post ways to Kick Start Your Savings each week on the America Saves Blog. Anyone can take action and start to save today.
The following resources will help you take positive steps towards saving more now:
Inspiration from the Experts
9 ways to save on back to school – From MSN Money
- Take inventory
- Get the school's list
- Go through the ads
- Check prices online
- Buy in bulk and bundles
- Take advantage of tax holidays
- Look off the beaten path
- Make the kids work for extras
- Shop throughout the year
Got Debt? It’s Time for a Reality Check – From AARP.org
- Challenge yourself to start paying off your bills now and work towards being debt-free.
The New Freshman 15: Financial Tips for College Students – From Daily Finance (An AOL Money & Finance Site)
- Be careful with credit
- Stick to a budget
- Save early and often
- Take advantage of student perks
- Pay less for textbooks
- Borrow as little as possible
- Get organized
- Avoid unnecessary fees
- Use technology wisely
- Protect yourself from fraud
- "Insure" success
- Capitalize on coupons
- Master relationships
- Invest in your future self
- Set limits
Inspiration from the America Saves Blog
Make Saving Automatic
- Learn about direct deposit and how to make saving automatic.
Keeping Your Kids (and Your Wallet) Cool This Summer
- Simple free fun activities you can do with your kids this summer.
Have we inspired you to save this week? Let us know on our Facebook page.
Written by Katie Bryan
Published: 11 August 2011