CONSUMER FEDERATION OF AMERICA “#IMSAVINGFORSWEEPSTAKES”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The #ImSavingForSweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or the “Promotion”) starts on February 1, 2021 at 12:01 A.M. ET and ends on February 26, 2021 at 11:59 P.M. ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor’s computer will serve as the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2) ELIGIBILITY: TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN, YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. The officers, directors and employees of the Consumer Federation of America (the “Sponsor”) its subsidiaries and affiliated organizations, advertising and promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must complete the following steps:
Go to https://americasaves.org/for-savers/pledge and follow the on-screen instructions. You must complete and submit the America Saves Pledge Form (the “Pledge Form”) as instructed to be eligible. If you have already completed the Pledge Form, it must have been completed within the last twelve months prior to the start of the Promotion or you will need to submit another pledge. As part of the Sweepstakes entry process, entrants (the “Entrants”) will be required to indicate that they have read, accept, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
If any individual submits entries in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts, they will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. The name of the person submitting the Sweepstakes Entry must be the authorized account holder of such email address, otherwise, Entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential Grand Prize winner, the Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry, and that potential Grand Prize winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the Entrant changes his or her email or postal address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of Entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to Entrants. Each Entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or Sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
4) RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing to select two (2) Potential Grand Prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be conducted on or about March 5, 2021. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential Grand Prize winner is subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules.
5) PRIZES: Two (2) Grand Prizes: $500 prize check. Total Retail Value of Grand Prizes: $1,000.
6) WINNER NOTIFICATIONS AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: Each potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by the Administrator within three (3) business days of the prize drawing by email at the email address provided at time of entry. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release (the “Affidavit”). The completed Affidavit must be returned to the Administrator by the date stated in the notification email or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential Grand Prize winner. If a potential Grand Prize winner (i) cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made by Administrator (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion); or (ii) fails to timely return the required paperwork without alteration and in the form presented by Administrator; or (iii) refuses the prize; or (iv) the prize or prize notification is rejected or returned as undeliverable, then such potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and forfeits all rights to be deemed a winner in the Sweepstakes and receive the prize, and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be notified, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7) GENERAL: Except as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize or award shall be offered and no transfer of prize or award to a third party is permitted. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of prize winners. No more than the listed number of prizes and awards will be provided.
8) CONDUCT: By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. These Official Rules are accessible from https://americasaves.org/for-savers/pledge throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; (c) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to constitute unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; or (e) any injury or damage to the participant’s or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or to download any materials from the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not able to run through completion for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, without further liability to the entrants or third parties. In the event the Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. With regard to this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor and/or Administrator will contact those entrants deemed as potential winners for purposes of clearance and awarding of any prize. The Official Rules prevail should there be any conflict or uncertainty relating to the promotion based on information or advice provided by any of the Released Entities (as defined below).
10) WINNER RELEASES: All Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, suppliers, printers, application developers, advertisers, promotion agencies (collectively the “Released Entities”) from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, demands or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, costs, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sweepstakes page; (b) submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (c) the acceptance, receipt, ownership, use or misuse of any prize awarded; (d) preparing for, participating in, or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity; or (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of the offering of any prize.
11) DISPUTES: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The construction, validity and interpretation of the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. All disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the Sweepstakes shall be resolved in the applicable court within the District of Columbia.
12) WINNERS LIST: To receive a copy of the Winners List, available after March 31, 2021, send an email with subject line: "ImSavingFor" Winner’s List to email@example.com. All such requests must be received by April 30, 2021. The winners list will only be available after the Grand Prize winner has been verified.
13) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Consumer Federation of America, Attention America Saves, 1620 Eye Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20006. Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with Facebook. Entrants understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor, and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion are to be directed to Sponsor, at the address noted above, not Facebook.
ÓCopyright 2021 Marden-Kane Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the Entrant’s personal use only.