Join Our Team
America Saves Program Coordinator
America Saves, a campaign managed by the nonprofit Consumer Federation of America, motivates, encourages, and supports low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth. The research-based campaign uses the principles of behavioral economics and social marketing to change behavior. Non‐profit, government, and corporate groups participate in America Saves nationally and through local, regional, and statewide campaigns around the country. America Saves encourages individuals to take the America Saves pledge and organizations to promote savings year-round and during America Saves Week.
America Saves is seeking a Program Coordinator to support specific initiatives such as America Saves for Young Workers (ASYW), an all-online program to support and motivate young workers to use direct deposit to save part of their pay through their first-time work experience, Split to Save a similar employer-based effort focused on adult employees, and a network of local AS affiliates.
Responsibilities. The program coordinator will provide infrastructural support to America Saves campaigns and programs with additional responsibilities that may include editing white papers, maintaining program and financial institutional relationships, and structuring year-long communications needs.
Qualifications. The ideal candidate:
- Is extremely detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to move projects with many discreet parts forward;
- Will have some writing and/or editing experience to communicate ideas for multiple audiences;
- Has experience working on multiple tasks while moving short- and long-term projects forward.
- Some experience working in, or knowledge of, workforce development, financial products/services, or municipal government, but not required.
- Degree in policy, finance, economics, or law, but not required.
What we offer. AS offers competitive benefits that include health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), and a generous vacation time policy.
- Subject Line: America Saves Program Coordinator
Consumer Federation of America / America Saves is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.