Join Our Team
America Saves Digital Engagement Coordinator
The Consumer Federation of America (CFA) seeks a digital engagement coordinator to support a national campaign to promote personal saving among American households. The campaign is led by America Saves, a CFA program that works with a wide range of banks and credit unions, government agencies, employers, and other institutions to motivate individuals to build savings, starting with an emergency fund.
The digital engagement coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing plans to engage savers through website, email, video, SMS, and social media channels. They will work closely with the America Saves communications director, Military Saves director, and a highly-motivated communications team that focuses on creating measurable strategies and working collaboratively to achieve success.
This full-time position is based in Washington, DC and an onsite employee is strongly preferred for this role. Outstanding remote candidates with the ability to travel periodically will be considered.
- Creating, implementing, and evaluating strategies for organic and paid digital outreach to low- and moderate-income households
- Managing editorial calendar and identifying creative opportunities to keep audiences engaged
- Day-to-day management of social media
- Strategizing and identifying content for monthly email communications to savers and partners
- Leading outreach and collaboration with personal finance bloggers and influencers
- Providing writing, editing, and production support to creation of consumer content
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, strategic communications, or related field
- Three to five years of relevant experience (this is not an entry-level position)
- Experience working in/with or writing about the military community, personal finance, family economics, or poverty alleviation
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Experience with graphic design and animation or video editing software
- Demonstrated success engaging audiences by email and social media
- Experience communicating with low- and moderate-income communities
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Search Console, and Google Optimize, or other search engine optimization and digital advertising tools
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Ability to work extended hours, while rare, when necessary
CFA is an equal opportunity employer.