Join Our Team
America Saves Communications Manager
The Consumer Federation of America (CFA) seeks a communications manager of a national campaign to promote personal saving among American households. The campaign is managed by America Saves, a CFA program that works with a wide range of banks and credit unions, government agencies, employers, and other institutions to motivate individuals to build savings, starting with an emergency fund.
The communications manager will be responsible for developing and implementing B2B2C communications strategies to engage partners and consumers through website, email, video, SMS, and social media channels. He or she will work closely with the America Saves director, Military Saves director, and manage a highly-motivated communications team that focuses on creating measurable strategies and working collaboratively to achieve success.
- Create and implement communications strategy and social marketing campaigns that promote and support savings, with a focus on low- and moderate-income households; develop strategies for media relations, digital marketing, and events
- Manage communications team, contractors, and vendors
- Test, draft, and evaluate targeted, compelling messaging for a range of audiences including savers, local campaigns, aligned partners, government agencies, thought leaders, and industry stakeholders
- Counsel organizational leadership on effective communication strategies; prepare and staff organization’s principals at press conferences and speaking engagements
- Plan and implement strategy for America Saves Week, the campaign’s premier annual even
- Create and analyze comprehensive (website, media, saver signup, etc.) goals and milestones for America Saves, America Saves Week, Military Saves, and related initiatives
- Coordinate initiatives with local campaigns and aligned partners designed to promote savings, the organization, and its services to the community.
- Compile and report key organizational and communications metrics including data on pledges, website traffic, media mentions, and social media engagement
- Ensure branding standards and guidelines are upheld
- Assist in creating, distributing, monitoring, and analyzing opinion research and surveys for America Saves, America Saves Week, local campaigns, and partner resource packets
- Stay up-to-date with changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjusts plans accordingly
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, strategic communications, or related field; master’s degree a plus
- Minimum five years of related experience in nonprofit communications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective communications strategies for complex subjects, including but not limited to retirement, personal savings, personal finance, and financial capability.
- Experience communicating with low- and moderate-income communities
- Staff management experience
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated success engaging audiences through digital channels including SMS, email, and social media
- Ability to work extended hours, while rare, when necessary