Save successfully during crisis.
Now more than ever, it's important to spend wisely. Alaska Saves will help you stretch your resources with text messages or emails with savings tips and inspiration. You can find some initial saving resources here.
If you have a money-saving tip, we want to hear it! To encourage our Alaska Saves community, we're giving away a $25 VISA gift card
Here's How to Enter to win $25.00:
- Take the Alaska Saves pledge here, or by texting "AlaskaSaves" to 877877
- Like and follow our Alaska Saves Facebook page
- Post a savings tip on our Facebook page (@AKSaves) with the hashtag #AlaskaSaves
- Include a picture related to your savings tip for extra points (G rated, please)
Contest entries accepted from April 27 to July 3, 2020.
Click on the logos below to learn more about our bank and credit union partners.
Learn more about the Earned Income Tax Credit and use it to save!
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
Veri di Suvero
Must be at least 18 years old and a resident of Alaska.
- Entries received from April 27 to July 3 are eligible.
- Entrants must take the Alaska Saves Pledge, like the AlaskaSaves Facebook page, and submit their savings tip on the Facebook page with the hashtag #AlaskaSavesTip.
- Weekly winners will be notified each Monday at the email address provided in their Pledge to Save, and their name published on the Facebook page.
- Entries not selected for a weekly prize remain eligible for the length of the contest.
- Winning savings tips will be selected by the AlaskaSaves team.
- Members of the Alaska Saves team and their family members are not eligible to win.
- Alaska Saves reserves the right to disqualify entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Alaska Saves and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
- By entering the contest, you agree to allow AlaskaSaves to share your name and winning savings tip on the Alaska Saves website and on social media.
Recent Blog Entries View all »
We start kids young with almost everything— sports, school, so why not saving? We are always looking for new ways to #ThinkLikeASaver in the America Saves community. The earlier that you have a positive mindset around saving, the easier it is to save successfully as an adult.Read more...
It’s always the right time to create a saving and spending plan (aka a budget). It’s also a good idea to revisit that plan annually or when a major shift occurs in your income or expenses.
We’ve created an easy to use, but thorough, Spending and Saving Plan tool to use. Before you get started, here are some tips to help you #ThinkLikeASaver, ensuring that your money is working smarter and harder for you.Read more...
Most Americans don't have an emergency fund. While we're all experiencing this pandemic very differently — some having only minor inconveniences and others finding themselves without a job or having to close their business — those without a savings cushion are vulnerable to feeling the ramifications of COVID-19 for a very long time.Read more...
With experts telling Americans to practice social distancing and to be ready for a possible 14-day self-quarantine one of our first concerns is food. How do we shop and prepare for 14 days worth of meals? Equally important are concerns about shopping without overbuying and staying on a budget.Read more...