Connecticut Saves Campaign is a statewide initiative to encourage Connecticut residents to take positive financial actions and save regularly to turn their dreams into reality. Here you will find workshops and events around the state, tools to help you set goals, develop strategies, and start saving. Join others from around our state in working toward achieving your financial goals.
The Growing Your Family Finances Workshop was held at Silas Bronson Library in Waterbury in late April.
Though CONNECTICUT SAVES WEEK is officially over, the Connecticut Saves Campaign is active year round! Visit here, follow us on social media, and contact us for more information about how we can work together to encourage people to save for their financial goals.
Take a look at some of our recent workshops and events in celebration of Connecticut Saves Week which was February 27th through March 4th, 2017.
• Saturday, February 25th -- #ImSavingFor Video Booth at The Village for Families and
Children's VITA Site at Hartford Public Library
• Taking Financial Action: Saving Money and Dealing with Debt Workshops
TU, February 28th Hamden American Job Center
TU, February 28th Bridgeport American Job Center
TH, March 2 Waterbury American Job Center
TH, March 2 Hartford American Job Center
• Financial Education Expo, W, March 1, Legislative Office Building, Hartford
• Financial Action Fair/Expo, March 8, Hartford Job Corps Academy, Hartford
Connecticut Saves Campaign Visits
The Connecticut State Library in Hartford and People's United Bank in Bridgeport hosted CONNECTICUT SAVES DAYS at their workplaces. Contact us to support your employee benefits, health and wellness, or retirement planning fair or event with great information and fun! We had an Connecticut Saves Campaign information table for parents at Chapel School in Stratford for Family Math Night.
Financial Literacy Workshops Available!
Learn more about workshops we can offer to your employees, organization or group to encourage them to save for their goals. Find our workshop list and request form here.
Special thanks go to our Connecticut Saves Partners:
- American Eagle Financial Credit Union
- Community Renewal Team
- Connecticut Association for Human Services
- Connecticut Department of Banking*
- Connecticut Department of Labor*
- Connecticut State Library
- Connecticut Treasurer's Office*
- Hartford Job Corps Academy*
- HRA of New Britain, Inc.*
- Liberty Bank
- People's United Bank*
- Torrington Savings Bank
- The Village for Families and Children
* Denotes Connecticut Saves Coalition Members
Additional thanks go to Bank of America Foundation for financial support for Connecticut Saves Week.
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education