Across the entire state of Georgia, people like you are proving you can start small and think big. Georgia Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending and taking control of their financial future. Our staff and trained volunteers can show you how to develop a savings strategy and take one step at a time. So don't wait any longer...
Middle School Winner $100 gift card
Grade School Winner $50 gift card
- The finished piggy bank should be no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” (One square foot).
- Banks must be created and decorated by the contestant with little or no adult assistance.
- No team submissions; only one entry per person.
- Your piggy bank MUST have a way to put money in and get it out without destroying the bank.
- You may use any medium you like, including (but not limited to) cake, Legos, wood, paper, cardboard, recycled containers, etc.
- You may decorate the space around your bank as well, but must stay within the one square foot size limitation.
- Must be a Georgia resident to participate.
How to Enter
- Join the Georgia Saves campaign (http://GeorgiaSaves.org).
- Make a video (60 seconds or less). Tell us about your bank, how it will help you to reach your savings goals, and the materials used to make it. Be sure to show how money goes in and comes out of your bank.
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges based on the following criteria:
a. Linked to savings goal (10%)
b. Originality: Uniqueness of the concept (10%)
c. Creativity (15%)
d. Functionality: Money can be inserted and removed (15%)
e. Visual Appeal (15%)
f. Video Presentation (10%)
g. Popularity on Instagram (10%)
h. Overall Impression (15%)
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
Recent Blog Entries View all »
National Dessert Day is a great time to treat yourself with your favorite goodies. It’s also a great time to treat yourself to some new ways to save money. When you start practicing good savings habits you set yourself up for financial success. Here’s how to treat yourself and your finances.Read more...
Halloween is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start shopping for costumes or planning your party! If you’re prepping for October 31, finding ways to save money will be helpful. After all, Halloween is just the beginning of the end-of-the-year holiday rush. Here are five easy-to-follow tricks and treats to help you save money this Halloween.Read more...
By Erika Toriz-Kurkjian, HAVEN Neighborhood Services, Los Angeles Saves
¿Cómo administrar sus ingresos, para poder pagar los artículos necesarios, comprar lo que desea y aun así lograr sus metas financieras? La respuesta es establecer prioridades y mantener Buenos hábitos financieros.Read more...
By Arleen Zorrilla, IDA Program Coordinator, Lawrence Saves and Lawrence CommunityWorks (Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month)
Los ahorros son necesarios en nuestro estilo de vida, ellos satisfacen y brindan bienestar en cualquier movimiento que estemos dispuestos a dar. Seamos sinceros, detrás de grandes metas realizadas hay buenos ahorros.Indistintamente de las razones que cada uno tenemos para implementar el ahorro, es necesario saber que este hábito determinará muchas cosas en nuestro futuro.Read more...