Across the entire state of Georgia, people like you are proving you can start small and think big. Georgia Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending and taking control of their financial future. Our staff and trained volunteers can show you how to develop a savings strategy and take one step at a time. So don't wait any longer...
Middle School Winner $100 gift card
Grade School Winner $50 gift card
- The finished piggy bank should be no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” (One square foot).
- Banks must be created and decorated by the contestant with little or no adult assistance.
- No team submissions; only one entry per person.
- Your piggy bank MUST have a way to put money in and get it out without destroying the bank.
- You may use any medium you like, including (but not limited to) cake, Legos, wood, paper, cardboard, recycled containers, etc.
- You may decorate the space around your bank as well, but must stay within the one square foot size limitation.
- Must be a Georgia resident to participate.
How to Enter
- Join the Georgia Saves campaign (http://GeorgiaSaves.org).
- Make a video (60 seconds or less). Tell us about your bank, how it will help you to reach your savings goals, and the materials used to make it. Be sure to show how money goes in and comes out of your bank.
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges based on the following criteria:
a. Linked to savings goal (10%)
b. Originality: Uniqueness of the concept (10%)
c. Creativity (15%)
d. Functionality: Money can be inserted and removed (15%)
e. Visual Appeal (15%)
f. Video Presentation (10%)
g. Popularity on Instagram (10%)
h. Overall Impression (15%)
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
Recent Blog Entries View all »
We start kids young with almost everything— sports, school, so why not saving? We are always looking for new ways to #ThinkLikeASaver in the America Saves community. The earlier that you have a positive mindset around saving, the easier it is to save successfully as an adult.Read more...
It’s always the right time to create a saving and spending plan (aka a budget). It’s also a good idea to revisit that plan annually or when a major shift occurs in your income or expenses.
We’ve created an easy to use, but thorough, Spending and Saving Plan tool to use. Before you get started, here are some tips to help you #ThinkLikeASaver, ensuring that your money is working smarter and harder for you.Read more...
Most Americans don't have an emergency fund. While we're all experiencing this pandemic very differently — some having only minor inconveniences and others finding themselves without a job or having to close their business — those without a savings cushion are vulnerable to feeling the ramifications of COVID-19 for a very long time.Read more...
With experts telling Americans to practice social distancing and to be ready for a possible 14-day self-quarantine one of our first concerns is food. How do we shop and prepare for 14 days worth of meals? Equally important are concerns about shopping without overbuying and staying on a budget.Read more...