Across the entire state of Georgia, people like you are proving you can start small and think big. Georgia Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending and taking control of their financial future. Our staff and trained volunteers can show you how to develop a savings strategy and take one step at a time. So don't wait any longer...
Middle School Winner $100 gift card
Grade School Winner $50 gift card
- The finished piggy bank should be no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” (One square foot).
- Banks must be created and decorated by the contestant with little or no adult assistance.
- No team submissions; only one entry per person.
- Your piggy bank MUST have a way to put money in and get it out without destroying the bank.
- You may use any medium you like, including (but not limited to) cake, Legos, wood, paper, cardboard, recycled containers, etc.
- You may decorate the space around your bank as well, but must stay within the one square foot size limitation.
- Must be a Georgia resident to participate.
How to Enter
- Join the Georgia Saves campaign (http://GeorgiaSaves.org).
- Make a video (60 seconds or less). Tell us about your bank, how it will help you to reach your savings goals, and the materials used to make it. Be sure to show how money goes in and comes out of your bank.
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges based on the following criteria:
a. Linked to savings goal (10%)
b. Originality: Uniqueness of the concept (10%)
c. Creativity (15%)
d. Functionality: Money can be inserted and removed (15%)
e. Visual Appeal (15%)
f. Video Presentation (10%)
g. Popularity on Instagram (10%)
h. Overall Impression (15%)
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
Recent Blog Entries View all »
Do you have enough savings to cover an emergency? If not, you’re among the 71 percent of people that don’t have enough set aside to cover six months’ worth of expenses. Having money set aside for unplanned expenses is essential, but, according to the Bankrate survey released in June, only 29 percent of adults say they have a large savings account.
Here are three easy ways to jump start your emergency savings fund.Read more...
By FINRA Investor Education Foundation
We're closing in on the longest day of the year. To celebrate the annual halfway mark, some people wear flowers in their hair and dance in the shadow of Stonehenge. Others run solstice marathons by the light of the midnight sun.Read more...
Individuals who check their credit score know much more about how scoring works, according to a new survey released by Consumer Federation of America and VantageScore.Read more...