Across the entire state of Georgia, people like you are proving you can start small and think big. Georgia Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending and taking control of their financial future. Our staff and trained volunteers can show you how to develop a savings strategy and take one step at a time. So don't wait any longer...
Middle School Winner $100 gift card
Grade School Winner $50 gift card
- The finished piggy bank should be no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” (One square foot).
- Banks must be created and decorated by the contestant with little or no adult assistance.
- No team submissions; only one entry per person.
- Your piggy bank MUST have a way to put money in and get it out without destroying the bank.
- You may use any medium you like, including (but not limited to) cake, Legos, wood, paper, cardboard, recycled containers, etc.
- You may decorate the space around your bank as well, but must stay within the one square foot size limitation.
- Must be a Georgia resident to participate.
How to Enter
- Join the Georgia Saves campaign (http://GeorgiaSaves.org).
- Make a video (60 seconds or less). Tell us about your bank, how it will help you to reach your savings goals, and the materials used to make it. Be sure to show how money goes in and comes out of your bank.
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges based on the following criteria:
a. Linked to savings goal (10%)
b. Originality: Uniqueness of the concept (10%)
c. Creativity (15%)
d. Functionality: Money can be inserted and removed (15%)
e. Visual Appeal (15%)
f. Video Presentation (10%)
g. Popularity on Instagram (10%)
h. Overall Impression (15%)
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
Recent Blog Entries View all »
By FINRA Investor Education Foundation
Cryptocurrencies (such as Bitcoin) are in the news daily. FINRA, a financial industry regulator, is warning investors to be cautious when considering the purchase of shares of companies that tout the potential of high returns associated with cryptocurrency-related activities without the business fundamentals and transparent financial reporting to back up such claims.Read more...
Tax filing season is upon us once again—an opportunity to assess your financial situation, set goals for the year, and find ways to save towards those goals. Here are three easy ways to save money this tax season and get a jumpstart on your savings goals in the New Year:Read more...