Los Angeles Saves
Throughout Los Angeles, people just like you are proving you can start small and think big. Los Angeles Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending and taking control of their financial future. These tips and tools can help you set goals, develop strategies to reach those goals, and start saving. So what are you waiting for?
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
2017 Los Angeles Saves Partners
- Beneficial State Bank
- Broadway Federal Bank
- California State University Los Angeles (CSULA)
- Cathay Bank
- City of Los Angeles - Economic & Workforce Development Department
- Commercial Bank of California
- CTBC Bank USA
- East LA Community Corporation
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Financial Empowerment Asset Building Clinic (CSULA)
- First Choice Bank
- First Foundation Bank
- First General Bank
- Haven Neighborhood Services
- Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles
- Junior Achievement of Southern California
- LIFT - LA
- Los Angeles Public Library
- MUFG Union Bank
- Pacific Western Bank
- Pure Hearts R US Housing Agency
- Springboard Nonprofit Consumer Credit Management, Inc.
- Unite a Nation, Inc.
- Volunteers of America Los Angeles
- Youth Business Alliance
- Youth Policy Institute
Recent Blog Entries View all »
It’s that time of year again! Yes, the holiday season is here, but it’s also open enrollment season. That means it’s the time of year where you review your employee health benefits and make changes, or keep things just as they are if they are working for you. While it may seem daunting to take the time to review your health plan, it is important to make sure you are getting the most out of your health benefits, and possibly even save yourself some money.Read more...
By Madalyn Pemberton, America Saves Communications Associate and Alecia D. Blair, Military Saves Communications Strategist & Outreach Manager, AFC® Candidate, FINRA Foundation Fellow
While childhood, school years, and first jobs may have seemed to pass in the blink of an eye, retirement might still feel like a lifetime away for millennials. And while it’s definitely far off in the future, compound interest means you can never start saving too early for such long-term savings goals – it can give you a huge boost up.Read more...