Across the city of Miami, people just like you are proving you can start small, and think big. Miami Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending and taking control of their financial future. Our staff and trained volunteers can show you how to develop a savings strategy that works for them.
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
We help South Florida residents achieve financial security through the following free services and programs.
- Financial coaching and education - To assist clients in achieving their financial goals, we help them develop personalized financial plans and better understand the services and options available to them.
- Credit coaching - We teach clients how credit is measured and assist them in developing good credit behaviors and practices.
We provide our clients with free credit reports, which are used for education purposes only.
- IRS tax assistance - We assist individuals that earn $53,000 or less with tax preparation services and counseling.
We assist clients with filing taxes, amendments, and other tax-related needs.
- Lending Circles (credit building program) - In partnership with Mission Asset Fund, we offer zero-interest, cost-free loans and report loan payments to credit bureaus, helping borrowers establish and build credit.
- Ways 2 Wealth (rewards savings program) - Catalyst Miami and Citibank are proud to introduce Ways 2 Wealth. We offer free savings accounts to qualified participants and reward savers by depositing up to $120 after twelve months of successful saving into your account.
Here is a list of educational resources aimed at helping you navigate the financial world. These resources are cheat sheets geared towards informing you about what is most important.
3000 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 210
Miami, FL 33137
- Category: Local Campaigns
Recent Blog Entries View all »
It’s never too early or too late to start planning for retirement.
In fact, the sooner you begin planning, the better off you’ll be. Here are three retirement planning tips to keep in mind:Read more...
The Federal Reserve has raised its target interest rate after five years of record lows. This means you may be at risk of paying more interest on your mortgage, private student loans and car note if you're looking to buy. Here’s a roundup of what this means for you.Read more...
When you receive your tax refund, how do you usually spend it? If you’re one of the many people that views income tax as “extra money,” you might want to change your approach.Read more...