Across the city of Miami, people just like you are proving you can start small, and think big. Miami Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending and taking control of their financial future. Our staff and trained volunteers can show you how to develop a savings strategy that works for them.
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
We help South Florida residents achieve financial security through the following free services and programs.
- Financial coaching and education - To assist clients in achieving their financial goals, we help them develop personalized financial plans and better understand the services and options available to them.
- Credit coaching - We teach clients how credit is measured and assist them in developing good credit behaviors and practices.
We provide our clients with free credit reports, which are used for education purposes only.
- IRS tax assistance - We assist individuals that earn $53,000 or less with tax preparation services and counseling.
We assist clients with filing taxes, amendments, and other tax-related needs.
- Lending Circles (credit building program) - In partnership with Mission Asset Fund, we offer zero-interest, cost-free loans and report loan payments to credit bureaus, helping borrowers establish and build credit.
- Ways 2 Wealth (rewards savings program) - Catalyst Miami and Citibank are proud to introduce Ways 2 Wealth. We offer free savings accounts to qualified participants and reward savers by depositing up to $120 after twelve months of successful saving into your account.
Here is a list of educational resources aimed at helping you navigate the financial world. These resources are cheat sheets geared towards informing you about what is most important.
3000 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 210
Miami, FL 33137
- Category: Local Campaigns
Recent Blog Entries View all »
Over the past several weeks, as the COVID-19 global pandemic has spread, so has the need for resources and emergency aid. Each hour brings with it new developments, announcements, and changes, making it hard to keep up or know exactly where to reach out in the event you need assistance.Read more...
Each of us has a ‘Money Personality’ that gives insight into our relationship with money, our impulses, how we save, and how we spend. At America Saves, our goal is to encourage you to save successfully. Knowing your money personality type can give great insight into instincts and clues on how to be most effective in your quest to save more, reduce debt, and build wealth.Read more...
AUTHOR: By Michael R. Roush, Director, Real Economic Impact Network, National Disability Institute
Oftentimes, individuals with disabilities may not be familiar with savings options that are available to them or they may be afraid to save money due to the fear of jeopardizing public benefits. There are a wide variety of saving strategies that individuals with disabilities can potentially access to achieve their savings goal and build their financial well-being.Read More...
The age-old saying,” When it rains it pours” is especially true when an unexpected emergency pops up- as if you had nothing better to do than fork out $500 on new tires, or visiting the doctor. Recently the Federal Reserve noted that almost half of Americans do not have $400 available in an emergency fund.Read More...