All across the region, people are becoming part of a growing movement, called Philadelphia Saves. Linked to the America Saves nationwide campaign, Philadelphia Saves is all about starting out small, taking manageable steps like cutting expenses or saving your change, and thinking big -- setting goals to buy a home, get out of debt, or retire with peace of mind. Philadelphia Saves is managed by Clarifi.
When it comes to saving, you have to do it for yourself. But, fortunately you don't have to do it by yourself. Through Philadelphia Saves, we can help you design an action plan to make your long-term financial goals a reality. Let us assist you in finding effective ways to save, reduce debt and build wealth.
It's easy to become a Philadelphia Saver and it's free!
- Simply set a savings goal
- Pledge to set aside a dollar amount each month to meet your goal
- Enroll online to start receiving your benefits today!
Once enrolled, Philadelphia Savers qualify for the following benefits:
- Access to free financial education workshops at Clarifi on saving, credit, budgeting, housing, investing and more
- One-on-one financial counseling. Our certified counselors can help you meet your unique financial challenges involving debt reduction, personal credit, first-time home ownership and more
- Quarterly newsletter from AmericaSaves offering saving and budgeting tips to keep you motivated
- Participation in special events sponsored by local financial institutions and community organizations
Explore Philadelphia Saves
- Key Savings Strategies
- Savings Actions to Start Taking Now
- Put Your Kids on the Track to Financial Success
- Tax Time Savings Bonds
Save During Tax Time!
Clarifi is teaming up with our partners at Campaign for Working Families, Inc. (CWFI) to help low- and moderate-income taxpayers in the Philadelphia-area maximize their tax refund and get their returns prepared by IRS-certified preparers, free of charge. Find out more!
Other Saving Strategies
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
Did you know that you can schedule a one-on-one counseling session or register for a financial workshop today with Clarifi? Click here to visit our website.
Recent Blog Entries View all »
My parents were hard-working first-generation Americans who were born during the Depression. My mother was a nurse and my father a businessman, and they were loving and supportive parents, but they were extremely frugal with money. “You’re only as rich as the money you have in the bank,” my mother used to say. “If you save nothing, you have nothing.” When we were young, my brother, three sisters and I were expected to work, and save half of everything we earned.Read more...
Written by Catherine Harvey, Senior Policy Advisor, AARP Public Policy Institute
If you’re worried about financial security in retirement, you’re not alone. A recent survey from AARP and the Ad Council found that nearly three in ten working adults (28%) believe they’re more likely to learn that Bigfoot is real than to live comfortably in retirement.Read more...