Across Tennessee, people just like you are proving you can start small, and think big. Tennessee Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending, and taking control of their financial future. University of Tennessee Extension, working with other state and national organizational partners can show you how to develop a savings strategy and take one step at a time. So don’t wait any longer!
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
Family & Consumer Sciences, University of Tennessee
2621 Morgan Circle, 218 Morgan Hall, Knoxville, TN 37996-4512
(865)974-8198 (phone) - (865)974-5370 (fax)
State, Regional, and Local Partners
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service
- Federal Reserve Bank Atlanta (Nashville)
- Federal Reserve Bank St. Louis (Memphis)
- Tennessee Alliance for Financial Independence
- Tennessee Credit Union League
- Tennessee Dept. of Financial Institutions
- Tennessee Housing Development Agency
- Tennessee JumpStart Coalition
- Tennessee Mortgage Bankers Association
- Tennessee Vulnerable Adult's Coalition
- The University of Tennessee Extension Family and Consumer Sciences
- American Association of Retired Persons
- American Bankers Association
- America Saves
- American Savings Education Council
- Credit Union National Associates
- CSREES Financial Security in Later Life
- eXtension Personal Finance
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- National Endowment for Financial Education
- The United Way
Recent Blog Entries View all »
By Chris Rodriguez, Director of Public Policy, National Disability Institute.
According to the Oxford Dictionary, transformation is a “marked change in form, nature or appearance.”
There are many reasons that the impact of the Stephen Beck Jr., Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act and, by extension, ABLE accounts, will be transformative to millions of individuals with disabilities and their families.For children, youth, and working-age adults with disabilities, there are multiple reasons to recognize the power and potential of ABLE.Read more...
Still hoping to get in a family vacation before the kids go back to school but aren’t sure if it’s affordable at this point? Check out these tips on how to save on vacation to help you get the break that you and your family deserve without taking on additional financial stress.Read more...
By FINRA Investor Education Staff
Got debt? You're not alone. Many Americans are carrying buckets of debt.Read more...