Across Tennessee, people just like you are proving you can start small, and think big. Tennessee Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending, and taking control of their financial future. University of Tennessee Extension, working with other state and national organizational partners can show you how to develop a savings strategy and take one step at a time. So don’t wait any longer!
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
Family & Consumer Sciences, University of Tennessee
2621 Morgan Circle, 218 Morgan Hall, Knoxville, TN 37996-4512
(865)974-8198 (phone) - (865)974-5370 (fax)
State, Regional, and Local Partners
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service
- Federal Reserve Bank Atlanta (Nashville)
- Federal Reserve Bank St. Louis (Memphis)
- Tennessee Alliance for Financial Independence
- Tennessee Credit Union League
- Tennessee Dept. of Financial Institutions
- Tennessee Housing Development Agency
- Tennessee JumpStart Coalition
- Tennessee Mortgage Bankers Association
- Tennessee Vulnerable Adult's Coalition
- The University of Tennessee Extension Family and Consumer Sciences
- American Association of Retired Persons
- American Bankers Association
- America Saves
- American Savings Education Council
- Credit Union National Associates
- CSREES Financial Security in Later Life
- eXtension Personal Finance
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- National Endowment for Financial Education
- The United Way
Recent Blog Entries View all »
National Dessert Day is a great time to treat yourself with your favorite goodies. It’s also a great time to treat yourself to some new ways to save money. When you start practicing good savings habits you set yourself up for financial success. Here’s how to treat yourself and your finances.Read more...
Halloween is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start shopping for costumes or planning your party! If you’re prepping for October 31, finding ways to save money will be helpful. After all, Halloween is just the beginning of the end-of-the-year holiday rush. Here are five easy-to-follow tricks and treats to help you save money this Halloween.Read more...
By Erika Toriz-Kurkjian, HAVEN Neighborhood Services, Los Angeles Saves
¿Cómo administrar sus ingresos, para poder pagar los artículos necesarios, comprar lo que desea y aun así lograr sus metas financieras? La respuesta es establecer prioridades y mantener Buenos hábitos financieros.Read more...
By Arleen Zorrilla, IDA Program Coordinator, Lawrence Saves and Lawrence CommunityWorks (Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month)
Los ahorros son necesarios en nuestro estilo de vida, ellos satisfacen y brindan bienestar en cualquier movimiento que estemos dispuestos a dar. Seamos sinceros, detrás de grandes metas realizadas hay buenos ahorros.Indistintamente de las razones que cada uno tenemos para implementar el ahorro, es necesario saber que este hábito determinará muchas cosas en nuestro futuro.Read more...