Across Tennessee, people just like you are proving you can start small, and think big. Tennessee Savers are setting financial goals, tracking their spending, and taking control of their financial future. University of Tennessee Extension, working with other state and national organizational partners can show you how to develop a savings strategy and take one step at a time. So don’t wait any longer!
Building wealth starts when you set a goal and make a plan to reach that goal. Whatever goal you choose – whether it’s buying a car, buying a house, or getting out from under your debts – learn about proven savings strategies and get simple tips on the best ways to save. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Get Out of Debt
- Save for a Home
- Save on Auto Purchases
- Save for Emergencies
- Save for Retirement
- Save for Education
Family & Consumer Sciences, University of Tennessee
2621 Morgan Circle, 218 Morgan Hall, Knoxville, TN 37996-4512
(865)974-8198 (phone) - (865)974-5370 (fax)
State, Regional, and Local Partners
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service
- Federal Reserve Bank Atlanta (Nashville)
- Federal Reserve Bank St. Louis (Memphis)
- Tennessee Alliance for Financial Independence
- Tennessee Credit Union League
- Tennessee Dept. of Financial Institutions
- Tennessee Housing Development Agency
- Tennessee JumpStart Coalition
- Tennessee Mortgage Bankers Association
- Tennessee Vulnerable Adult's Coalition
- The University of Tennessee Extension Family and Consumer Sciences
- American Association of Retired Persons
- American Bankers Association
- America Saves
- American Savings Education Council
- Credit Union National Associates
- CSREES Financial Security in Later Life
- eXtension Personal Finance
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- National Endowment for Financial Education
- The United Way
Recent Blog Entries View all »
America Saves Week 2018 begins Monday! We’re so glad you’ve made the decision to encourage others to develop good savings habits. Here’s how you can prepare to participate in the week:Read more...
It’s that time of year again! America Saves Week 2018 kicks off next Monday, February 26 and goes through Saturday, March 3.Read more...
There's a certain thrill you get when you treat yourself to a new wardrobe or restock your fridge with fresh groceries. It feels like a well-deserved reward. While shopping might seem completely harmless, it can be detrimental to your budget. You can indulge every now and then, but the trick is to never get carried away.
Here are five ways to save money the next time you shop.Read more...