Private and Public Sector Leaders Collaborate On America and Military Saves Week 2019
More than two dozen organizations (listed below) with a shared interest in helping Americans save money worked together to design and implement America Saves Week 2019 and Military Saves Week 2019. This group of experts developed an overall strategy for the Week designed to encourage more organizations to provide opportunities for individuals to take positive financial action. The committee used their creative energies to produce individualized tool kits for each of the six daily savings themes promoted during the Week and pitched stories about saving to media outlets around the country.
“America Saves Week 2019 was truly a collaborative effort by these highly respected leaders,” George Barany, Director of America Saves, said. The culminating effort of this group’s work was that more than 1,700 organizations participated in America Saves Week helping to reach more than 30 million people with saving messages. “All of these messages and the more than 750 media hits resulted in nearly 35,000 individuals making a new pledge to save,” Barany added.
Lindsay Ferguson, Director of Strategic Partnerships for America Saves, said, “Ultimately, we know that when this network of organizations collaborates we reach tens of millions of Americans with encouraging and supportive messages about saving. Together, we are building the largest community of committed savers in the nation,” Ferguson added.
America Saves Week, started in 2002, is a time honored national event for organizations to work together to make an impact in the lives of Americans everywhere. To date, more than 700,000 individuals have joined the America Saves community of savers.
America Saves Week 2019 Planning Committee
- American Savings Education Council
- Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education (AFCPE)
- Association for Military Banks of America
- Bank of America
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Defense Credit Union Council
- Edelman Financial Engines
- FINRA and FINRA Investor Education Foundation
- Garrett Planning Network
- Jumpstart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy
- Kansas State University Cooperative Extension
- National Association of Professional Financial Advisors
- National Disability Institute
- National Credit Union Foundation
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- New England ACH Association
- Prosperity Now
- Rutgers Cooperative Extension
- University of Arkansas Extension
- US. Department of Health & Human Services
- US. Department of Labor
- XY Planning Network
- Category: Partner Spotlight