CONSUMER FEDERATION OF AMERICA “#THINKLIKEASAVERSWEEPSTAKES”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The #ThinkLikeASaverSweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or the “Promotion”) starts October 22, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends November 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older on the date of entry. The officers, directors and employees of the Consumer Federation of America (the “Sponsor”) its subsidiaries and affiliated organizations, advertising and promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO PARTICPATE AND ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must complete the following steps:
- If you previously have not done so, go to https://americasaves.org/for-savers/pledge or https://militarysaves.org/for-savers/savings-tools-and-resources/take-the-pledge and follow the on-screen instructions. You must complete and submit the America Saves or Military Saves Pledge Form (the “Pledge Form”) as instructed to participate in the Promotion. If you have already completed the Pledge Form, it must have been completed within the last twelve months prior to the start of the Promotion or it will have to be resubmitted.
- Attend one of the below listed virtual “town halls” at the America Saves (@AmericaSaves) page on Facebook* at https://www.facebook.com/AmericaSaves:
Time (Eastern Time)
October 22, 2020
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
November 5, 2020
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
November 19, 2020
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Sponsor reserves the right to change the date and time of a town hall at its sole discretion. All updates will be posted on https://www.facebook.com/AmericaSaves.
- Share your top takeaway from the town hall (you participated in) as a comment on the America Saves Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AmericaSaves or the Military Saves Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MilitarySaves. Your post must be made by 11:59 pm ET, the day after the end of the respective town hall. All information used as your comment to describe your top takeaway, such as captions, photos, videos, and posts submitted shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Entry”. Entries must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below. Entries will not be judged. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/per email address throughout the Promotion.
If any individual submits entries in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts, they will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. The name of the person submitting the Sweepstakes Entry must be the authorized account holder of such email address, otherwise, Entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the potential prize winner, the Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry, and the potential prize winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the Entrant changes his or her email or postal address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Guidelines and Content Restrictions
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- The Entry must be in English;
- The Entry must not contain any personal information;
- The Entry must not promote and/or endorse a political agenda;
- The Entry must not disparage or embarrass Sponsor, their owners and employees, or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion and administration of this Sweepstakes;
- The Entry must not feature brand names or trademarks of others;
- The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Entry must not contain any materials relating to lotteries, gambling, tobacco, alcohol or drugs, pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually explicit material;
- The Entry must not contain anything that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON FACEBOOK, AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF FACEBOOK AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
By submitting an Entry in this Promotion, Entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules and Guidelines and Content Restrictions above, as determined in Sponsor and/or Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator are final and binding.
By entering this Promotion, each Entrant agrees to grant the Sponsor, subsidiaries, and affiliates and its agents and designees, the exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights Entrant has in the Entry, and also the right and permission to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, translate, dub, adapt, publish, exploit, and use the content of and elements embodied in the Entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the Internet), for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Each Entrant hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the original author/creator of his/her Entry and the Entry will not infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Sponsor's use of information submitted to Sponsor in connection with this Promotion will be subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
Each Entrant acknowledges that other Sweepstakes participants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Entry that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in Entrant’s Entry. Each Entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other Entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of Entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to Entrants. Each Entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or Sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
4) PRIZE DRAWING AND DRAWING SCHEDULE: There will be a total of three (3) random drawings conducted from all eligible entries submitted during each applicable Drawing Period, as outlined in the “Drawing Schedule” below. Each random drawing will be held on or about the drawing dates noted below and conducted from amongst all eligible entries received during each applicable Drawing Period by the Administrator as follows:
The Administrators’ decisions on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received per Drawing Period. Entries included in one Drawing Period will not be eligible for subsequent drawings. Potential winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Limit one (1) prize per household throughout the entire Sweepstakes.
5) WINNER NOTIFICATIONS AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: Each potential Prize winner will be notified within three (3) business days of the respective prize drawing by email at the email address provided at time of completion of the Pledge Form. Each potential Prize winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and; where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively the “Affidavit”). The complete Affidavit must be returned to the Administrator by the date stated in the notification email/letter or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential Prize winner. If the potential Prize winner (i) cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made by Administrator (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion); or (ii) fails to timely return the required paperwork without alteration and in the form presented by Administrator; (iii) refuses the prize; or (iv) the prize or prize notification is rejected or returned as undeliverable, then such potential Prize winner will be disqualified and forfeits all rights to be deemed a winner in the Sweepstakes and receive the prize offered, and an alternate potential Prize winner will be notified, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6) PRIZE: Fifteen (15) Prizes (five per drawing period): $500 prize check. Retail Value (“RV”) of $500. Total RV of all Prizes to be awarded: $7,500. Prize will be fulfilled within 3 to 5 weeks after verification of eligibility.
7) GENERAL: Except as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion (and where lawful), no substitution of prize or award shall be offered and no transfer of prize or award to a third party is permitted. All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of prize winners. No more than the listed number of prizes and awards will be provided.
8) CONDUCT: By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. These Official Rules are accessible at https://americasaves.org/for-savers/pledge and https://militarysaves.org/for-savers/savings-tools-and-resources/take-the-pledge throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual: (a) suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; (c) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsor to constitute unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof; or (e) any injury or damage to the participant’s or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or to download any materials from the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not able to run through completion for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, without further liability to the entrants or third parties. In the event the Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. With regard to this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor and/or Administrator will contact those entrants deemed as potential winners for purposes of clearance and awarding of any prize. The Official Rules prevail should there be any conflict or uncertainty relating to the promotion based on information or advice provided by any of the Released Entities (as defined below).
10) WINNER RELEASES: All Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Sponsor, Facebook, its directors, officers, employees, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, suppliers, printers, application developers, advertisers, promotion agencies (collectively the “Released Entities”) from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, demands or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, costs, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sweepstakes page; (b) submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (c) the acceptance, receipt, ownership, use or misuse of any prize awarded; (d) preparing for, participating in, or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity; or (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of the offering of any prize.
12) DISPUTES: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The construction, validity and interpretation of the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. All disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the Sweepstakes shall be resolved in the applicable court within the District of Columbia.
14) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Consumer Federation of America, Attention America Saves, 1620 Eye Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20006. Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791.
ÓCopyright 2020 Marden-Kane Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the Entrant’s personal use only.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or in association with Facebook. Entrants understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion are to be directed to Sponsor, at the address noted above, not Facebook.
The #ThinkLikeASaver Virtual Town Hall Series brings together industry leaders, subject matter experts, and influencers to directly speak to, support, and motivate everyday Americans no matter where they are in their financial journey.
In each town hall Savers will have the opportunity to win a $500 cash prize and take advantage of FREE financial coaching and counseling through Yellow Ribbon Network and AFCPE.
Simple Strategies To Help You Save
Thursday, October 22 at 2pm ET
In this town hall, we’ll focus on starting (or restarting) your savings journey. During this live event, we’ll share simple, easy-to-implement solutions for effective saving, motivate you to set a savings goal, connect you with direct assistance from a Financial Professional, and give you the tools and resources to ensure your success. You will walk away with an action-plan to jumpstart your new savings journey.
The America Saves Team will be joined by Lisa Rowan, Personal Finance Expert at Forbes Advisor, Joseph 'JJ' Montanaro of USAA, and Amiyrah Martin Blogger and Owner of 4Hats and Frugal
REGISTER HERE | RSVP ON FACEBOOK
How Do I Pay Down Debt?
Thursday, November 5 at 2pm ET
In this town hall we’ll share the best strategies to pay down debt. At America Saves, we know that paying down debt IS saving, but figuring out the best way to reduce debt based on your unique situation isn’t always as clear. Throughout this event we will answer questions like ‘Where do you start and how do you prioritize?, and ‘How exactly does paying off debt save me money?’ Get great insights on both consumer debt and student loan debt from those who can speak from their own experiences.
The America Saves Team will be joined by Moira Vahey, Communications & Outreach Director at Student Borrower Protection Center; Tom Quinn, Vice President at myFICO; Akeiva Thomas, Financial Educator and Founder of Bemused TV; and Robin Saks Frankel, Personal Finance Expert at Forbes Advisor
Saving for Major Life Milestones:
Thursday, November 19 @ 2pm ET
In our last town hall we’ll shine a spotlight on three major life events and how to prepare for them now. Education, homeownership, and retirement are three big savings goals that we all have, but often tend to put off until "someday" because they don't feel like an urgent need. Join this event for simple strategies to save successfully to achieve those major milestones.
The America Saves Team will be joined by Mitria Wilson-Spotser, Director of Housing Policy at CFA; Ric Edelman, Edelman Financial Services; Brianna McGurran, Loans Analyst at Forbes Advisor, Natalie Campisi, Home & Mortgage Expert at Forbes Advisor, and Taylor Tepper, Investing & Retirement Analyst at Forbes Advisor.
The #ThinkLikeASaver Town Halls wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for the generous support of our sponsors. Thank you for your support.
** See official rules for the #ThinkLikeASaver Sweepstakes
Financial Institutions recognized for exceptional achievement in promoting effective savings strategies
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 24, 2020
Communications Manager, America Saves
Washington, D.C: America Saves proudly announced its recipients of the 2020 Designation of Savings Excellence award. The 12 financial institutions that earned the distinct honor were chosen from over 200 banks and credit unions across the nation that participated in America Saves Week.
In its sixth year, the America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence is awarded to financial institutions that displayed exceptional achievement by motivating individuals to take action toward becoming more financially stable. Those achievements include opening new savings accounts, increasing savings deposits, and creating an automatic savings plan.
Collectively, the 12 banks and credit unions that earned the award encouraged nearly 125,000 people to deposit $363,847,982 into new and existing savings accounts during America Saves Week 2020.
“Their extraordinary efforts to encourage and support their customers and members to save money and establish an automatic savings plan during America Saves Week deserves recognition and distinct honor, particularly as the COVID-19 pandemic reached a crisis stage just a few days after America Saves Week concluded,” said George Barany, Director of America Saves. “Because of their commitment to their communities, it’s possible the individuals and families they reached were better equipped to handle the many financial stressors that arose in the following days. We are proud to recognize and highlight the significant achievements of these 12 financial institutions.”
America Saves Week is an annual event that inspires Americans to assess their financial status and make a simple savings action plan that starts or increases their savings. The event is coordinated by America Saves, with input and planning support from over 35 organizations that include federal government agencies such as the FDIC, FEMA, and the Department of Labor, financial institutions like Bank of America, JPMorganChase, and Navy Federal Credit Union, as well as nonprofits and Cooperative Extension educators.
You can find the full list of partner organizations within our planning committee here:
2020 America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence Recipients:
Farmers Savings Bank
First Commonwealth Bank
Haddon Savings Bank
Southern Bancorp Bank
Baylands Family Credit Union
Community Resource Federal Credit Union
Eaton Family Credit Union
New Horizons Credit Union
North East Welch Federal Credit Union
# # #
About America Saves
America Saves is a campaign managed by the nonprofit Consumer Federation of America that uses the principles of behavioral economics and social marketing to motivate, encourage, and support low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth. America Saves encourages individuals and families to take the America Saves pledge and organizations to promote savings year-round and during America Saves Week. Learn more at americasaves.org and americasavesweek.org.
As the pandemic continues to impact our economy and daily lives, the need to save is more important than ever. As adults, and specifically working parents, are experiencing unprecedented stressors, we want to encourage and remind you that saving is a family affair. It will take everyone working together, including your children, to do what’s necessary to stay on a healthy financial path.
America Saves has created a new Partner Resource Packet focused on the theme of “Saving As A Family,” which includes social media posts, new blogs, a new budgeting tool, and other resources to share with your community.
Social Media Posts:
Use the following social media posts to share with your community!
We start kids young with almost everything— sports, school, so why not saving? Here are 5 Ways To Teach Kids How To Save At Home via @AmericaSaves https://bit.ly/3jqNlUT
#SaveAsAFamily: Get creative by having low-cost family fun activities such as game nights, card games, (indoor or outdoor) movie nights, backyard campouts, and more. Get more ideas here: https://bit.ly/2Orz2Bd via @AmericaSaves
When was the last time you performed a budget review? There’s no time like the present! Check out this Spending and Saving Plan tool from @AmericaSaves. https://bit.ly/3i4ykHA
Saving as a family starts with setting a goal and making a plan to reach it. Let @AmericaSaves help you create a plan to reach your family’s savings goal! Take the pledge today: http://bit.ly/2dFhJf9
Social Media Conversation Starters:
Use these conversation starters to create dialogue and drive conversations with your community!
When is an appropriate time to start teaching your kids good saving habits? Do your kids know the value of saving money?
Is teaching your kids how to save difficult? Do you wish you had more examples of how to save as a family?
Have you created a budget to help your family save? Do you know how to properly create a budget?
Have you taken the America Saves Pledge? How has the America Saves Pledge helped you reach your savings goal?
New Blog Posts:
Financial Wellness in the Workplace: Help Your Employees Save Automatically in Just Five Easy Steps - Thursday, July 23, 2:00 pm Eastern Time, America Saves Facebook Page
#ThinkLikeASaver: Simple Strategies To Help You Save - Save The Date | October 22
#ThinkLikeASaver: How Do I Pay Off Debt? - Save The Date | November 5
#ThinkLikeASaver: Saving For Major Life Milestones - Save The Date | November 19
From the Archives:
Questions and Answers will be posted here for public viewing.
Pre-Bid Zoom Meeting:
Tuesday, July 14th at 3:00 EST
Thank you to all who attended the Zoom Meeting!