Tax Time Savings Bonds
Tax Time is a great time to kick-start or grow your savings for the future! U.S. Savings Bonds are one safe and easy way to do it.
There are a lot of great reasons to buy U.S. Savings Bonds at tax time.
- You do not need a lot to get started—start with as little as $50. Use just part of your tax refund to start saving.
- It is simple at tax time. Just select the amount you want saved from your income tax refund and you'll receive your bond in the mail.
- Earn interest. Your money starts growing immediately.
- Bonds are safe. Bonds will never lose value and they are backed by the U.S. Government.
- No fees. There are no fees to buy or cash in your bond.
- Money for the future. You help your loved ones live their dreams when you buy bonds.
- Gift savings to your loved ones. Bonds can be purchased in someone else's name so you can help jumpstart the savings and dreams of the people you care about.
What are tax time bonds? Tax Time Savings Bonds are Series I U.S. Savings Bonds. Issued and guaranteed by the U.S. Treasury Department, Tax Time Savings Bonds can be purchased directly on your tax form. You can cash in your bond after one year at most banks or credit unions, but the longer your keep it the more it will grow in value. Your bond will earn interest for up to 30 years. If you cash your bond within 5 years, you'll lose the last three months of interest.
Growth on your bonds is guaranteed! Bonds make saving safe, simple and secure.
To learn more visit www.bondsmakeiteasy.org.
Connect on FB http://www.facebook.com/bondsmakeiteasy. Connect on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/bondsmakeiteasy.
Written by Lani Poblete
Published: 17 November 2017