ASW2015 Savings Focus: Family & Youth Savings
It’s day 3 of America Saves Week, and we know that good savings habits start at home.
Whether you’re budgeting, saving, making retirement decisions, or assessing work-place benefits, share the choices you make with your children no matter what age they are. But today’s Savings Focus isn’t limited to teaching savings and financial habits to children, it’s also about the benefits of having the whole family involved in financial choices, budgeting, saving, and more.
Don’t miss out on today’s #CreditChat with Experian, where we’ll be discussing how families can save more money. Be sure to follow @Experian_US and @AmericaSaves on Twitter, and join us this afternoon at 12:00 pm PST/ 3:00 pm EST using the hashtag #CreditChat.
Wednesday’s Events & Activities
#FinancialEd with Virginia Saves in Northern Virginia
#CreditChat & Google Hangout with Experian
Where to Turn for Financial Advice
- Wednesday, February 25, 2015 from 12:00 - 1:00 pm EST
- We will discuss how to evaluate different types of financial professionals, the meaning behind their professional designations, and the ways they are compensated. We will also provide resources for free, reliable and non-commercial financial information. This webinar is presented by University of Florida/IFAS Extension in partnership with Hillsborough County Extension, Lake County Extension, and Lee County Extension.
12 Money Mistakes You Cannot Afford to Make
- Wednesday, February 25, 2015 from 1:00 - 2:00 pm EST
- It's easy to get caught up with tried and true money tips we learn over the years. But, sometimes those tips can end up costing you alot of money! Join GreenPath Debt Solutions during Amercia Saves Week as they share some money mistakes and offer up solutions.
Saving for Higher Education
- Wednesday, February 25, 2015 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm EST
- The Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Program offers two plans and many investment options that have helped over 180,000 families of all income levels answer one of their biggest financial concerns- how to afford college.
A few of the topics you'll hear about include: How you can save for college and save on your Pennsylvania income taxes, how you can avoid paying any federal or state income taxes on your college savings growth, how you can save for college with little impact on your chances for financial aid, how you can save for a semester of college today and cover a semester in the future no matter when or how much tuition has gone up in the meantime, and how saving can be made easy.
This webinar will be conducted by Kelly Dunkle, Program Representative from the Pennsylvania Treasury Department.
Written by Tammy G. Bruzon
Published: 25 February 2015