Brush Up Your Retirement Plans This Week And Retire on Your Terms
America Saves is proud to announce that it will be supporting National Retirement Planning Week® 2016 – a national effort to encourage Americans to plan for their financial needs in retirement. National Retirement Planning Week® 2016 takes place from April 11 to 15.
Three Ways Individuals Can Participate
- Assess Your Savings Plan
- Like your health, you should assess your savings annually to make sure you are saving for all the right things, including retirement savings. Complete the assessment to see if you are saving adequately and create a savings plan.
- Pledge to Save for Retirement
- And choose “Retirement” as your savings goal. You will receive helpful emails and can sign up for text messages reminding you of the amount you want to save each month and sharing tips and advice to help you reach your savings goal.
- Learn About Saving for Retirement Through an IRA Account
- You can save for retirement, and get some tax benefits in the process, by putting money in an Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
America Saves Joins Effort to Promote Retirement Planning
National Retirement Planning Week® and other coalition activities will demonstrate that it is still possible to “Retire On Your Terms.” To support these educational and awareness efforts, the coalition maintains http://www.RetireOnYourTerms.org, which features life-stage specific resources and tools to help Americans focus on their long-term financial goals.
The week is organized by the National Retirement Planning Coalition – a group of prominent education, consumer advocacy and financial services organizations, which recognize that the need to help Americans plan for retirement is an ongoing effort. The coalition, spearheaded by the Insured Retirement Institute, is committed to educating Americans about the importance of retirement planning and is determined to make this a national priority.
- Written by Katie Bryan
- Category: Blog
- Published: 11 April 2016