Life in the Easy Lane with Direct Deposit and Direct Payment via ACH and PayItGreen
By Julie Welch, Senior Director, Marketing Communications, NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association
Life seems to move at lightning speed these days. We’re all in the fast lane of life but how can we stay ahead of the game and manage our finances while moving at this accelerated rate? The answer is as simple as shifting into the easy lane via ACH. Just make sure all your payments are made with Direct Deposit and Direct Payment via ACH and you’ll find new ways to enjoy the time and money you save.
You’ve heard of Direct Deposit but did you know that you can pay all your bills with Direct Payment via ACH? It’s easy. Let a visit to www.electronicpayments.org and www.payitgreen.org show you ways you can save time, money, manage your financial well-being and save the environment all at the same time.
- Save the cost of stamps
- Save time by setting up auto-pay accounts with utilities
- Save the earth’s resources by switching from paper checks to electronic payments
- Save gasoline by not having to drive to your bank or credit union as often
And did you know?
- The average consumer saves 2.5 minutes per bill when paying electronically instead of with a check (source: Fiserv). The costs of postage and check stock add up to more than $100 per year that consumers can save by making payments electronically, instead of by paper check.
- Almost 85% of identity theft cases are due to "offline" transactions, lost checkbooks and stolen bills, statements, and check payments (source: Javelin Strategy & Research). Credit scores are significantly increased when a consumer receives payments by Direct Deposit and uses Direct Payment to pay recurring monthly bills and/or save and invest automatically.
- Consumers reduce piles of paper and clutter when they receive electronic bills and statements. Personal electronic files can be set to automatically organize incoming bills and statements.
- Consumers receiving electronic bills and statements and making payments electronically can maintain tighter control over accounts in real-time, and are more likely to discover attempted fraud.
How do you get started? Simply visit www.electronicpayments.org or www.payitgreen.org. These resources will empower you to make the necessary changes to help you manage your finances more effectively. Step into the easy lane and celebrate!
Direct Deposit and Direct Payment via ACH Month, May 2014
PayItGreen Month, April 2014