The #FridayFive: C.R.E.A.M.
If you aren’t on the @AmericaSaves Twitter bandwagon, it’s possible that you missed out on some great tweets this week! ICYMI, we want to share with you the top five pieces that highlight important topics for savers and partners alike.
Whether they’re articles or blog posts from America Saves, its local campaigns, or its partners, we’re sharing with you the best of this week’s personal finance, savings, and financial news.
Before we dive into the Five, I want to throw a special shout out to Tarra "Ms. Madam Money" Jackson for sharing her definition of CREAM during a video chat earlier this week. "Credit Rules Everything Around Me," she said. And so it does. It, in fact, painted much of the chatter on Twitter this week.
So without further ado, this week’s #FridayFive are:
2. We like to think that this quote goes without needing much explanation. Between compound interest, smart spending, balanced budgeting, and all those important tools we regularly implore savers to utilize, money and time couldn't make a better pair. Stay tuned to the blog next week as we'll be sharing more about this week's #CreditChat on juggling debt and retirement savings.
3. In his blog this week, @FinEdChat shared his draft of a decision making grid for his high school students. His aim is "is to provide them with strategies suitable for their own challenges and strengths to make it easier to put to practice the concepts they're learning in class." As we regularly discuss the methods and strategies for building and maintaining a manageable budget, I couldn't think of a more useful method for approaching savings. While the grid might be directed towards teens, it is all too applicable to the rest of us!
4. You've heard us talk about means for college savings quite a bit in the last few weeks and, in truth, that dialog is never really over! We're always learning the best methods and latest products for savings. While 529s are not new to the discussion - and they have a series of rules and strategies that you need to know - this Q&A gives a nice synopsis n setting goals, and the benefits of the 529 plan.
5. If you missed out on @MsMadamMoney's #CashChat today, you missed a golden opportunity to understand some of the ins-and-outs and all-to-scary gray areas of managing credit card debt. Check out the chat transcript here and stay tuned for her summary of the chat in the next day or two!
Thanks for joining us for this week’s #FridayFive! We’re taking a brief hiatus next week, but will return Friday, September 26, 2014.
- Written by Tammy G. Bruzon
- Category: Blog
- Published: 12 September 2014