Each week, the #FridayFive brings you the top five tweets that highlight important or trending topics from the Twitterverse. While we hope that you're on the @AmericaSaves Twitter bandwagon, we want to be sure that you're getting the best and latest from this week's personal finance, savings, and financial news.
We're now looking at less than two weeks until the big day - Thanksgiving, that is - and our friends on the interwebs are looking for ways to make the most of your savings when the spending starts, and ways to keep your financial picture whole even while you're focused on the short term goals of the holidays.
ICYMI, this week’s #FridayFive are:
1. Getting your financial picture clearer and clearer is important during the holidays to keep your spending in check, but can be a viable resource for budgeting and planning year round. At the start of the week, CAAB shared this great post with four recommendations for managing debt and debt collections.
2. Ilyce Glink and GoGirl Finance got talking about Barbara O'Neill's guest post from last week, emphasizing the point that having a Happy Holiday doesn't have to mean destroying your finances.
3. The holidays are clearly in focus this week, but friends like Sasha Grabenstetter and the University of Illinois Student Money Management Center (SMMC) want to make sure that we millenials are reminded that there's a future beyond New Year's Eve to plan for.
4. U.S. News Money hosted a tweetchat this week - aka #HolidaySavings - that brought together many groups to talk about planning, budgeting, spending, and saving for (and after!) the holidays. There were so many great tips shared, it was hard to pick one tweet to feature! So here are a couple:
5. In the spirit of alliteration, our fifth FridayFive feature is a #FBF or FlashBack Friday to last Friday. Need tips for staying out of debt this holiday season? Look no further!
Thanks for joining us for this week’s #FridayFive! We’ll see you here next week.