America Saves Saver Survey Released
Each year, America Saves surveys those who have taken the America Saves Pledge to learn more about who these savers are, how much and what they are saving for, and how they feel about their savings.
Highlights from the America Saves Saver Survey:
- Savers reported largely saving for one of three goals: an emergency fund, retirement, or debt repayment.
- The longer people have been with America Saves, the more they have been able to save. Savers who joined in 2011 reported saving $7,000 since joining America Saves.
- Married respondents were able to save much more than single respondents, even though they didn’t report trying to save that much more.
- What females and males reported saving for differed widely. Females heavily favored saving for an emergency fund, while males heavily favored saving for retirement.
- Savers reported that since joining America Saves they are saving more, have become more confident about their ability to manage their money, are actually managing their money better, are managing their debt better, and feel more hopeful about their financial situation.
To download and read the complete Savers Survey Results, please click here.
- Written by Katie Bryan
- Category: Blog
- Published: 01 April 2015