Summit Follow Up
The America Saves Summit: Attacking the Savings Crisis took place on Wednesday, November 6th with engaged leaders representing a diverse group of industries, organizations and government agencies.
Only the beginning...
The America Saves Summit: Attacking the Savings Crisis took place on Wednesday, November 6th with engaged leaders representing a diverse group of industries, organizations and government agencies. We discussed the unique challenges their communities face in saving and offering thoughtful solutions to eliminating barriers while motivating Americans to save in the most effective manner – automatically.
We want to thank our speakers and panelists for investing their time and contributing their thoughts, experiences, and expertise. It was easy to see the value in such a meeting of minds and open discussion, and we're excited to see the impact of our collective solutions for everyday Americans.
Thank you to our Speakers and Panelists!
By sharing personal stories, customer and audience experiences, and both current and planned efforts to encourage Americans to save, you inspired creative new ways to reach millions of Americans with one common goal: the ability to become more financially secure through saving automatically.
To see our full list of speakers and panelists, click here.
Takeaways and Thoughts
There were many 'AHA' moments throughout the day from our speakers, panelists, and guests who asked terrific questions that ignited dynamic conversation. Be sure to check out the live stream videos on Facebook and #SavingsCrisisSummit on Twitter for great quotes, photos, and a summary of our day.
Many of the Summit's common themes can serve as a call to action for all organizations working toward encouraging a more financially stable America. Those themes include:
- Collective, collaborative partnership – sharing of ideas and strategies allows for more opportunities to collaborate and brainstorm on creative ways to reach our communities, including safe, appropriate and affordable products, and services can reach our communities
- Sharing stories - people want to hear what's relatable and real; use storytelling and real life examples to connect with your community, while speaking *with* them, not *at* them
- Make it easy - meet your community where they are; make utilizing your resources easy to understand and easy to access
- Simplify products and services that exist - you don't have to recreate the wheel; take an inventory of your current offerings and identify where you can simplify, then amplify your message
- Saving for all audiences (inclusiveness) - the youth, traditional workforce, self-employed, freelancers, gig-economy workers, military community, and even the re-entry population have different barriers to saving; have resources that speak to their unique experiences and challenges
- “The how” - it's not enough to simply tell people they need to save, we must take it a step further and show them how through simple measures to encourage behavior and mindset shifts
Thank You For Your Commitment
Throughout the day, the following organizations shared their goal to reach a specific number of Americans with a message of saving effectively, successfully, and automatically.
Thank you to: BlackRock, USAA, Zeiders Enterprises, JP Morgan & Chase, FDIC, National Disability Institute (NDI), Navy Federal Credit Union, National Association of Federally Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU), Funding our Future, Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE), and National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC)!
Your public commitments collectively add up to MILLIONS of Americans! Imagine the impact this joint effort will make in attacking the savings crisis!
This list of organizations is only the beginning! If your organization would like to make an outreach pledge to encourage and motivate more Americans to set up automatic saving in 2020 – let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to encourage and motivate Americans to save successfully continues into 2020! Sign up to be a participating organization for #ASW2020 by visiting AmericaSavesWeek.org.
Our Digital Toolkit will be constantly updated, so be sure to check in often for more resources and tools to make it a great America Saves Week!
Military Saves Week is now Military Saves Month! April 2020 will be the first ever Military Saves Month, and you can sign up to participate NOW!