Will you accept the brown bag lunch savings challenge?
We had a lot of fun last month challenging ourselves to save an extra $50 more than our usual savings goal. And we loved seeing how you made it happen on social media with #ImSavingFor, and hearing about your goals. Whether saving for college for a nephew, planning a vacation in Europe, or saving for a rocking retirement, you inspired us! So we’re bring the challenge back in August.
This month, we challenge you to pack your lunch from home for an entire week. Already eat lunch at home, or want to make it a little harder on yourself? Try skipping restaurants all together. At the end of the challenge, one lucky saver will receive a lunchbox set. Read on to find out more.
If you don’t yet have a monthly savings goal, this is the perfect opportunity for you to make a plan. Those with a savings plan are twice as likely to save successfully, so it’s an important first step in reaching your goals.
The America Saves pledge is designed to help you save money and reduce debt by thinking through your goals, and how much you want to save. Whether you are saving for your first home, a new car, or a graduate degree, our pledge can help you get there. And you’ll officially be part of the brown bag lunch savings challenge!
Please share with us the delicious lunches you make using the hashtag #ImSavingFor. We can’t wait to see your culinary creations!
At the end of the month, we'll randomly select two America savers (you’re only eligible if you take the pledge) who complete our follow-up email survey to win a lunchbox set. But remember, you only receive the survey and are eligible to win once you’ve taken the pledge to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth over time.
I'm taking the @AmericaSaves brown bag lunch savings challenge and you can too: http://bit.ly/2amz34U #ImSavingFor
Tweet this now
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- Limit one (1) entry per person.
- Limit (1) prize per person.
- Must be 18 to enter. Open to U.S. residents only.
- One (1) methods of entry: Completing the America Saves savings challenge follow-up survey online between September 1 and September 9, 2016 and opting in to enter by providing your email address.
- There is one (1) prize of a stainless steel lunchbox set. Estimated value is $29.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- One (1) winner will be chosen at random from all entries at 12:00a EST on September 10, 2017.
- Winner will be notified by email has 72 hours to respond. If no response is received within 72 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- Prize of stainless steel lunchbox set will be sent to winner as a check via U.S. Postal Service.
- Individuals and family members of those who work at Consumer Federation of America are not eligible to win.
- Any and all disputes arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- Written by Madeline Daniels
- Category: Blog
- Published: 01 August 2016