November’s Here, Time to Celebrate the Military Among Us!
By Alecia D. Blair, Military Saves Communications Strategist & Outreach Manager, AFC® Candidate, FINRA Foundation Fellow
November is the perfect time of year to take stock of all we’re thankful for. The month is also full of opportunities to appreciate and recognize those in the military around and within our own communities.
This month is National Military Family Appreciate Month and Saturday, Nov. 11 is Veterans Day. So, how does America Saves recognize and thank military families and Veterans? Allow us to introduce you to Military Saves, a component of America Saves and a partner in the Department of Defense’s Financial Readiness Campaign.
Military Saves: Motivating the Military to Save Since 2003
At MilitarySaves.org, service members, their families, veterans and the military community as a whole are supported and encouraged to:
- Be part of a savings community and to set a goal, make a plan and save automatically through the Military Saves Pledge.
- Opt in to receive saving-related text message tips and reminders, and educational and motivational savings communications.
- Enjoy the latest in savings-related news from industry experts on the Military Saves blog.
- Connect with our social media community through Facebook and Twitter.
- Participate in Military Saves Week 2018, Feb. 26-March 3, a worldwide financial readiness celebration and an opportunity to assess their savings status.
So, join our savings community today, and take the Military Saves Pledge to set your savings goal.
Military Family Appreciation Month
For information on Military Family Appreciation Month, check out the resource page on Military.com. Since savings is our favorite topic at Military Saves, check out these discounts to help put money back in your wallet for other goals, such as emergency savings.
You can also further educate yourself on the latest issues impacting military families today at the National Military Family Association, Blue Star Families, Military Family Advisory Network and the Military Family Learning Network.
And for more ideas on how to make your family’s dollars stretch, check out these blogs from Military Saves:
- Appreciate Dad without Breaking the Bank
- Five Steps to Get your Military Family Saving Now
- Teach Your Children to Set Goals & Save
Veterans Day Discounts
And for service members preparing for retirement, check out our latest blog on the new Blended Retirement System: Your Five-Step BRS Checklist to Success.
Need some support to reach your savings goal? Take the Military Saves Pledge, and we’ll send you tips and information to keep you motivated towards saving for your military family’s goals or your transition from the military.
November is Military Family Appreciation Month! How America Saves recognizes & supports SMs through @MilitarySaves: http://bit.ly/2youmpR
- Written by Alecia Blair
- Category: Blog
- Published: 02 November 2017