National Financial Capability Challenge
January 23, 2012
The following come from the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Department of Education. It includes great information for educators about the National Financial Capability Challenge.
We all make financial decisions everyday. For most of us, though, no one taught us the best way. Students today face a fast paced, dynamic economy and need a good financial education to succeed. That’s why we are excited to announce the National Financial Capability Challenge sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Department of Education that runs from March 12 through April 13, 2012. The Challenge is a free, online series of financial questions for high school students to test their knowledge of earning, spending, saving, borrowing, risk protection, and more.
You can sign up now to join the growing number of educators engaging their students in this challenge. Registration is easy and free at challenge.treas.gov. As educators, it is critically important to use this opportunity to help prepare our students for financial independence!
* It's quick. It takes only about 30 minutes to administer the Challenge online, but the lessons your students will learn in preparing will last a lifetime.
* It's easy. Comprehensive lesson plans and sample questions are available in the online Educator Toolkit to help you prepare your students for the Challenge.
* It's rewarding. Educators and top-scoring students in each school will earn personalized award certificates and states with the highest participation will also be recognized.
* Any high school educator can do it. Even if you’re not a math or personal finance educator, you can register so your students can participate. The website also provides tools you can use to easily spread the word about the Challenge, including:
- Content you can email to other educators,
- A flier with all the details for you to attach to your email or post in the teachers' lounge,
- Content you can submit for publication in your district's newsletter,
- Content you can post on websites, blogs, and other online sites.
Please don’t delay! Register today at challenge.treas.gov. Your students’ financial futures depend on you!
- Written by Super User
- Category: Blog
- Published: 23 January 2012