What's Not to Love About America Saves Week?
Happy Valentine’s Day, Savers! Today, we want to show our love and appreciation for all of the exciting initiatives organizations are preparing for America Saves Week and Military Saves Week 2014. Check out what’s happening around the country:
The Connecticut Department of Banking, to help promote America Saves Week and Military Saves Week, has planned a financial education expo on Thursday, February 27, 2014, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Legislative Office Building in Hartford. The expo will feature exhibitor tables promoting financial education programs, smart saving and investing, budgeting and more.
The Chesterfield County office of Virginia Cooperative Extension is offering a workshop called “Making Your Money Go Further” ahead of America Saves Week. Participants will receive tips on how to gain control of their financial situation and determine how much money they should save and spend to accomplish their financial goals. The two-hour class will be held Feb. 20 at 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. at the extension office. For details and to register, contact extension agent Linda Jackson Cole at (804) 751-4401.
Fidelity is hosting a series of workshops designed to take you on the path from getting started with saving, to staying on track and keeping track of your goals. In addition, as a part of The Week Fidelity is launching the, "1% Savings Challenge." By accepting the challenge, employees agree to defer an additional 1% in their retirement plan to break down big, intimidating numbers into something more manageable.
American Bankers Association, as part of America Saves Week. will announce the top three winning videos of the 2014 Lights, Camera, Save! Video Contest via its Teach Children To Save YouTube Channel on Wed., Feb. 26.
Hancock County Saves, in collaboration with the University of Findlay, OSU Extension, and Hancock County 4-H, will host a modified Real Money. Real World (RMRW) simulation for the community geared toward demonstrating the importance of saving.
The state of West Virginia will be proclaiming February 24 through March 1 as, "West Virginia Saves Week."
Still want to get yourself and your organization involved in The Week?
- First, you can sign your organization up here, and read up on the 4 Ways Organizations Can Participate in America Saves Week.
- Next, make sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up-to-date with all things America Saves Week-related.
- Last but not least, join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook! We created the America Saves Week Digital Kit (available for download in Word format or PDF) packed with information, resources and sample social media to help you, your employees, and your family and friends better understand and relay the message of the importance of saving. Don't forget to use the hashtag #ASW2014!
- Written by Administrator2
- Category: Blog
- Published: 14 February 2014