Tips, advice, and the latest news from the savings world.
January 4, 2012
Financial New Year’s Resolutions are hard to keep. That’s why America Saves, a national initiative that encourages individuals and families to save money and build personal wealth, has partnered with SaveUp, the nation’s first free rewards program for saving money and reducing debt, to offer $1,000 towards a savings account to help jump‐start one saver’s 2012 savings goals. The winner will be chosen on January 31, 2012.
How to Enter
To be eligible for a chance to win the $1,000 savings prize, or any of SaveUp’s other exciting rewards, new and existing America Saves users must register at www.americasaves.org/saveup. SaveUp is available for free to Americans who bank at more than 18,000 US financial institutions.
Learn More About SaveUp
Have questions about what SaveUp is or how it works? Visit this SaveUp FAQ page.
January 3, 2012
Thank You to everyone that joined America Saves in 2011. Not a member? Join today. 2011 was a big year for us with the launch of our redesigned website and blog. We can’t wait to bring you more tips, advice, and motivation to help you save in 2012. In the spirit of year-end wrap-ups, below is a list of the top 10 blog stories on America Saves from 2011 (calculated by number of hits).
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Groceries (Guest post from WiseBread)
- Keeping Track of What You Spend and Budgeting
- Don’t Increase Debt During the Holidays
- What’s Your Number? Online Retirement Calculators
- Loan and Learn (Guest post from Awesome Island)
- Nation’s Top Consumer Complaints
- The Hardest Part About Getting Out of Debt
- Save on Heating and Cooling Your Home (Guest post from Money Talks)
- Five Ways You Can Save $100 or More
- Make Saving Automatic